Thursday, December 27, 2012

Closet Tips...

I spent a portion of my Christmas Day free time re-organizing my closet. This also included giving The Him the dresser and taking over the ENTIRE closet :)

I happen to crave organization although I am terrible with the upkeep. But when its done, it is esthetically very pleasing. 

  I have a ZERO budget when it comes to allocating awesome organization tools, so along the way I had to improvise on some things...thought I would share.

 Perhaps its a little OCD, but i HAVE to have all the same color hangers and my clothes HAVE to be seperated by color. So much easier for me to find crap that way. (plaid IS a color btw...Please note that I KNOW I have a lot of clothes. Half of them are my 'skinny' clothes man...SOMEDAY I will be able to wear them again :-P )

First issue I had was in this hanging organizer. Ive had it for 7 or 8 years and it is now officially broken, but I still needed something to organize different articles of clothing. So... I TURNED IT SIDEWAYS and stuck it on the shelf!



plaid bottoms, skirts, long shorts, short shorts, pjs

It also helped that I confiscated one of these organizers from The Him in the switch, so I still have a place for my jeans.


The second issue I had was in my floppy boots. I know they make things that you can buy and stick in your boot legs...but I cant bring myself to spend money on something I can create myself. Thus...this idea. I had just finished, in the days prior, wrapping presents and coincidentally used a LOT of rolls of wrapping paper. Guess whats on the inside of those rolls...cardboard tubes of sorts. Guess what I tend to hoard...random shit that can be used later.

Step 1: Cut! I cut mine in half because I have tall boots!!

 
Step 2: Insert into boot, all the way to the bottom. 

Step 3: ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment